Journalist Tasting of American Wines
Kicking off the new year, AmCham hosted journalists and Vinmonopolet representatives for a tasting of American wines at ARTS Restaurant in Aker Brygge. There, member importers Anora, Engelstad, Haugen-Gruppen, Palmer Group, Robert Prizelius, Treasury Wine Estates, and VCT Norway presented over 40 unique vintages currently on the Norwegian market, including newly launched products. In addition, AmCham proudly presented four wines not yet available in Norway.
Our Master Class on California wine variations – led by Oslo Wine School’s General Manager Jane Nisbet Huseby – included:
- Marimar Estate Blanc de Noir 2019
- Robert Mondavi Winery Fume Blanc 2019
- Tyler Sanford & Benedict Vineyard Chardonnay 2020
- Francis Ford Coppola Directors Sonoma County Pinot Noir 2019
- Marimar Estate La Masia Pinot Noir 2018
- Lieu Dit Cabernet Franc 2021
- Black Stallion Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- Bonterra The McNab Cab 2019
- Beaulieu Vineyard Rutherford Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- Pahlmeyer Napa Valley Merlot 2016
AmCham and our member wine importers enjoy opportunities to jointly inform on American wines. We look forward to future tastings with journalists, partners and members!
US Wines in Norway
In collaboration with member importers, AmCham works to increase knowledge and accessibility of American wines in Norway. US wine market share has increased considerably in the past years, due in large part to our members’ tireless efforts.
Vinmonopolet currently offers close to 25,000 products from 85 countries, including over 700 US reds and 300 whites. In 2022, US reds accounted for 9.4% of Vinmonopolet’s total red wine sales, while US white wines comprised close to 2% of such sales (Source: Vinmonopolet).