Last week, the AmChams in Europe Network held its annual best practices conference virtually in Washington, D.C. where about 30 CEOs of AmChams from all over Europe and wider Europe joined. The five day conference consisted of virtual calls with several US stakeholders from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Department of State, the Atlantic Council, the National Economic Council and Fox News Radio.
The discussions with the stakeholders and policy-makers focused on the Transatlantic relationship, EU-US trade, US-UK trade, Brexit, COVID-19 cooperation and China.
In each meeting Susan Danger, CEO, AmCham EU and Chair, AmChams in Europe presented the first joint statement published by ACE in March 2020, calling for solidarity, coordination and action. You can read it here.
List of speakers:
- Jon Decker, White House Correspondent, Fox News Radio.
- Kate Kalutkiewicz, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Trade Policy, National Economic Council.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Marjorie Chorlins, Senior Vice President, European Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Curtis Dubay, Senior Economist, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Ron Eidshaug, Vice President, Congressional and Public Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- John G. Murphy, Senior Vice President for International Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Garrett Workman, Director, European Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
U.S. Department of State
- Stephen Biegun, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of State.
- Roland DeMarcellus, Economic Bureau Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of State.
- David Meale, Economic Bureau, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of State.
- Philip Reeker, Acting Assistant Secretary for Europe and Eurasia, U.S. Department of State.
- Marc Busch, Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council.
- Daniel Fried, Weiser Family Distinguished Fellow, Atlantic Council.
- Josh Lipsky, Director of Policy & Programs at the Atlantic Council’s Global Business & Economics Program.
- Barbara Matthews, Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council.
- Ole Moehr, Associate Director, Atlantic Council’s Global Business & Economics Program.
- Bart Oosterveld, Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council.
Read original article HERE.