The Pharmaceutical Industry Revealed: Who, What, Why and When?
International pharmaceutical companies produce most of the medicines used by patients across Norway today. Yet, according to firms Apeland and Norstat, only 5% consider the industry to be trustworthy. Further, only 52% of Norwegian survey respondents report being familiar with the pharmaceutical industry at all. Why is this?
Please join senior representatives of Abbvie, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, GSK, Janssen, MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche and special guests for an engaging, open dialogue on just how these companies operate – both now and in the future.
The meeting will be hosted in English to accommodate our international directors and guests.
Panel I: Putting Patients First?
Are pharmaceutical companies neglecting their responsibility to communicate with the Norwegian public? What governs these companies’ decision-making processes – and who are the people that make them? Are shareholder returns prioritized above patient needs? How truly innovative are these companies?
Panel II: The Future of Medicine
As consumers, product and service innovations increasingly impact our everyday lives. As patients, which we will all inevitably be one day, how can we benefit from rapid healthcare and scientific advancements, increased healthcare system efficiencies and precision treatments? What will healthcare look like in 10 years and beyond? Join us for a journey to the future of medicine!
- Ms. Hilde Bech, Country Manager, Bristol-Myers Squibb Norway
- Dr. Ans Heirman, Managing Director, MSD Norge
- Ms. Lise Lehrmann, ImPatient Mother & Advocate
- Ms. Tuva Moflag (Ap), Committee on Health & Care Services, Norwegian Parliament
- Mr. Sveinung Stensland (H), Committee on Health & Care Services, Norwegian Parliament
- Dr. Roar Johansen, Medical Oncology Subject Matter Expert, IBM Watson Health
- Ms. Lena Nymo Helli, General Manager, Abbvie
- Ms. Rajji Medhwan, General Manager, Roche Norge
- Mr. Jason Turflinger, Managing Director, AmCham Norway
Additional program details available HERE.