As the leading area for transatlantic business interests, AmCham is focused primarily on event facilitation, member-to-member business assistance, advocacy initiatives and strives to derive the maximum value and getting the most out companies’ commitment to doing business in Norway and the US.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Norway (AmCham) is an independent business networking, information and assistance organization promoting the interests of over 220 Norwegian, American and international member companies.
AmCham Norway receives no subsidy from any governmental body and it relies on membership dues, sponsorships and event participation fees to cover its operating expenses.
Taxation issues, legislative processes, education exchange, abrupt policy shifts, and joint communications are also addressed through various ad-hoc AmCham working groups of five or more member companies.
AmCham Norway strives to:
- Encourage American Norwegian business relations
- Promote the mutual interest of its members
- Provide social, business and policy forums for its members
- Strengthen American-Norwegian bonds by providing dependable, balanced information about forces at play within these markets
- Facilitate networking opportunities between American and Norwegian business leaders
- Act as a host to the international business community to enhance professional development
- Participate in AmCham programs and obtain information on protecting businesses from unfavorable governmental regulations
- Assist in utilizing US Embassy channels with direct access to the American Government
- Produce and provide useful publications such as newsletters and an annual membership directory