“In our work to strengthen the ties across the Atlantic further, the Norwegian Government finds a crucial partner in the American Chamber of Commerce in Norway. Together, AmCham and the Norwegian Government are ensuring that the Atlantic does not act as a barrier between our two countries, but rather as a bridge.”
– Børge Brende, Minister of Foreign Affairs
The American Chamber of Commerce in Norway (AmCham) is an independent business networking, information and assistance organization promoting the interests of over 220 Norwegian, American and international member companies.
AmCham Norway receives no subsidy from any governmental body and it relies on membership dues, sponsorships and event participation fees to cover its operating expenses.
AmCham Norway is a fully accredited member of the US Chamber of Commerce (COCUSA), headquartered in Washington D.C. The US Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest nonprofit business federation representing:
- 300,000 businesses
- 3,000 state and local chambers
- 830 business associations
- 115 American Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AmChams)
As the leading area for transatlantic business interests, AmCham is focused primarily on event facilitation, member-to-member business assistance, advocacy initiatives and strives to derive the maximum value and getting the most out companies’ commitment to doing business in Norway and the US.
“I know how important the efforts and commitment of AmCham can be in promoting person-to-person, B2B, and B2G partnerships. I look forward to working with AmCham to achieve this goal.”
– US Ambassador to Norway, Samuel D. Heins
AmCham Internship Program
- Our internship position is offered to one student or recent graduate. Through this volunteer position, our interns are an essential part of the AmCham team. They are exposed to high profile international companies in Norway and have the opportunity to network within Norwegian-American businesses. They gain hands-on experience within a growing, international organization during their studies. Our interns are responsible for a range of duties including but not limited to; database maintenance, routine member correspondence, and project and event assistance.
- If you would like more information about this internship, please contact us at amcham(at)amcham.no. Please indicate why you are interested in the position and what you can bring to the AmCham team.